Fasting - the easy way
This time of year, I am often asked for tips on how to detox and help prepare for the bikinis due out in a few months. Fasting will often give quick results, but usually seems too radical by most.
However, an easy way to incorporate fasting into your daily lives without too much of an effort or upheaval to your day-to-day life is what I call the keto-fast.
Simply put, finish eating dinner by 7pm and delay the time you start eating breakfast by 12.5 to 15 hours. So if you ate dinner at 6pm, try and eat breakfast between 6.30 and 9.30am. This will put your body into ketosis, where it will run out of glucose (sugar) to burn and so revert to burning fat as a source of energy instead.
Important notes: *
- Increase the fasting gap gradually as it can take a while to adjust to some of the symptoms you may encounter (hunger, light-headedness, fatigue)
- Eat a good amount of protein, good fats and plenty of vegetables in every meal – including breakfast to maintain blood sugar balance
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, including and especially during the keto-fast.
- Increase the amount of organic vegetables and fruit you eat to reduce the slightly acid-forming nature of this fast.
WARNING: This fast may improve your sleep and mood and help shrink your waistline and love handles
Feel you need some help with weight loss, better digestion and renewed energy, book a free Body Transformation Discovery Session today!
- This fast should not replace any medication or medical advice from your GP