Sleep…the best wellness tool in your kit
About 30-40% of us are finding it difficult to sleep. Having recently given up alcohol in order to improve my sleep, I have had the most restorative nights of the last decade. And this is from having the occasional one or two glasses of wine a few times a week. But giving up alcohol isn’t the only thing you can do to improve your sleep. Here’s a little routine you can easily set up that will really make a huge difference:
- Eat dinner as early as you can – ideally light foods, such as low animal protein and soups or vegetables. Remember food = energy so don’t ask your body to go to sleep after a big plate of spaghetti Bolognese!
- Sleep naked! This helps your body to regulate its own ideal temperature and prevents you from waking hot and bothered.
- Turn off electronic devices and keep them away from your bedroom – including and especially your phone. Get a battery-powered alarm clock if need be.
- Set up a calm, peaceful environment in your bedroom. De-clutter, keep the light soft and temperature slightly cooler. This is your haven of peace so cherish it.
- Wind down – set at least 30 minutes to relax, away from screens, before you switch off the lights. Write a daily journal, list 5 things you’re grateful for, meditate, listen to soft music, read, have a candle-lit lavender oil bath, make love and enjoy the peace.
WARNING! Side effects: You will cope better with daily stresses, have fewer food cravings and be able to better manage your weight, you will rely less on energy quick fixes such as coffees/teas, comfort foods, carbs, sugar, etc, it will improve your mood, add a glow to your skin, help you regain confidence...and many more 🙂
Click the link below to book a free discovery session today to find out how I can help you lose bloat, boost your energy, regain your mojo and confidence so you can really live your life to the full! https://gutlovinglifediscoverysession.acuityscheduling.com/