The Spring Equinox falls on March 20th this year. Aside from the tell tale usual changes in nature, an Equinox also triggers in us a lot of deep changes that occur at cellular level, making it an ideal time for a detox.
As our cells naturally attempt to shed the extra sodium, calcium and toxins they’ve accumulated all winter, this process can be challenging for many, bringing headaches, bloating, rashes, mucous discharge, etc. One way to avoid this is to make sure that toxins are smoothly and efficiently eliminated through the liver, colon, lungs and skin.
So here’s some advice to gently help clear this excess for the next 2 weeks:
- Drink 2 litres of water slowly through the day – still, room temperature. Add a few drops of lemon to your water first thing in the morning.
- Simplify your diet: exclude processed food and go back to nature (wholegrain, pulses, nuts & seeds, lots of fresh vegetables whole or juiced, a little fruit, a little fish or organic chicken & eggs)
- Try going vegetarian or vegan
- Cut out dairy and gluten to reduce the mucous and bloat
- Daily dry brush your skin followed by hot/cold showers
- Do an enema or colonic to clear up sluggish bowels.
Practice some meditation and deep breathing daily to help spring clean your mind too 🙂
Happy Equinox everyone!
There are still a few spaces left on New Leaf Nutrition's ‘Detox & Wellbeing Yoga Retreat’ 24-26th of March 2017 in Seaford. Ideal for relaxing and detoxing body & mind. More details? Call Nathalie: 07980 620010 or Email: email@example.com