The art of doing...nothing!
Have you ever wondered why – when you are on holiday – some or all of your health issues and niggles (and lots of gut pain) seem to disappear or improve? And why should all the symptoms suddenly reappear the moment you get back home?
Can this holiday glow, relaxation and wellness really be replicated at home?
For some, it might take some focus and effort, but many are successfully doing just that – or rather –being that rather than doing…
And the results are worth it: a healthier, happier, more relaxed you.
But before you read about ways to do nothing, ask yourself:
- How ready am I to just 'be' and not 'do'?
- How long do I have every day to do nothing?
- Am I ready to let go of 'doing' all the time?
Once you've answered yes to all these, then here are some ideas to help you let go and do not-very-much:
- ‘Be’ in the moment: train yourself to be more present in your body, your immediate environment and just ‘be’ there for a minute or an hour every day. It gets easier with time...
- Do one thing at a time. This is harder than it seems: just do one thing exclusively. If you’re reading, eating, or listening to music, just do that. Fully. Mindfully.
- Breathe more: to help you with all of the above, regularly breathe deeply into your lower abdomen. The headless chicken will finally stop.
- Keep food simple: vary what you eat over a week, but keep each meal simple: keep to one protein, two or three vegetables, one carbohydrate and…no pudding? You and your wallet will feel much lighter.
- Go ‘offline’: switch all phones/devices and be unreachable for a while. Every day.
Want some clarity around your issues?
Enter your contact details below to book your 30-minute Complimentary Phone Consultation:
In this session we will discuss:
- What you really want for your health, your body, your life
- Obstacles that are preventing you from living life to the full
- Your dreams and goals
Then we will come up with a plan of action to get you on the road to recovery.
Thank you and I look forward to talking with you soon!