More presents or more presence?
As the end of the year approaches and all the festivities preceding it – I thought I’d help you end the year gently lifted and feeling more peaceful in yourself.
I’m often asked: “what’s the most common thing you say to your clients?”. Surprisingly, it’s NOT about what to eat or eliminate because of intolerances. It’s NOT about supplements or exercise to get rid of bloat and lose some weight. It’s ALL about how you are when you eat.
So here are some tips to help ease you into the festive meals, celebrations and potential overindulgences:
- Take stock. Use this time to stop and take a look at your year. What’s worked - what hasn’t – health-wise and in any area that affects your joy of life. Write it all down.
- Slow down. Everything: Your breathing, eating, chewing, even thinking. Just BE in the present, in your body, the room you are in. Slow time down.
- Assess every action with the question: “do I really have to…”.. go to the supermarket for that extra bag of sprouts? Will anyone notice or care?.what could you be doing instead that will be relaxing and nurturing?
- Breathe deeply. There’s no better way to bring your spinning head back into your body, your environment and the present moment.
- Appreciate – what you have – write 3 gratitudes a day in a journal - vary these daily.
See? Nothing about calories, fats or carbs!