Comfort-full Autumnal Roasted Vegetables in Ghee
These roasted vegetables will liven up any roasted chicken or other roast on a windy, rainy day! Use any vegetables in season, and the addition of ghee will give your creation a far nicer, sweeter taste without the bloat-causing dairy or toxic fats.
- 1 organic butternut squash - unpeeled, cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed, cubed
- 3-5 raw beetroots, peeled, washed and cubed
- 2 leeks, washed and cut in large chunks
- 2 red onions, sliced in 4 pieces
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp herbes de Provence
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
For the ghee:
Use shop-bought ghee or make your own:
2 sticks of organic/grass-fed unsalted butter
- Turn oven on at 130C
- make the ghee: place the butter sticks in an oven-proof dish and place into the oven
- let the butter melt (about 20 minutes) and sieve out the oil from the dairy cream when they naturally separate.
- Turn the oven up to 180C
- Keep the oil in a glass container in the fridge. discard the 'cream'.
- Put 2-3 tbsps of ghee all over the vegetables
- Put all the vegetables on a baking tray, mix the ghee, maple syrup, salt, herbs together with your hands or a spoon
- Bake the lot for 40-45 minutes, checking regularly that nothing burns.
Read this page to find out how I work with clients to help them restore balance so that they can really love their bodies and food again, as well as going out, wearing shapely clothes and living their lives fully.
What's Your Next Step?
Enter your contact details below to book your Free Diagnostic Consultation:
In this session we will discuss:
- What you really want for your health, your body, your life
- Obstacles that are preventing you from living life to the full
- Your dreams and goals
Then we will come up with a plan of action to get you on the road to recovery.
Thank you and I look forward to talking with you soon!